This is the state capture report summary . The long details of the the full state capture report has been summarized for you .
What is state capture report summary about
The state capture report reveals the extent of corruption that dwells in President Jacob Zuma’s government. It tells a story of how one indian immigrant family called the Guptas seeking to control south africa and milk so much money from the state without the government doing anything.
The Guptas family has so much influence in Zuma’s government that the can hire and fire ministers and public servants at will. When ever any minister especially Minister of finance tries to deviate from the corrupt plans they are fired. This happened to ex minister of finance Nene , he was suddenly fired
state capture report summary
The most pertinent findings by the Public Protector’s State Capture report include:
• President Zuma improperly and in violation of the Executive Ethics Code, allowed members of the Gupta family and his son, Duduzane Zuma, to be involved in the process of removal and appointment of the Minister of Finance in December 2015;
• Deputy Minister Jonas was offered a job by the Gupta family in exchange for extending favours to their family business;
• Minister Van Rooyen – who replaced Minister Nene – can be placed at the Saxonwold area on at least seven occasions including on the day before he was announced as Minister;
• That between the period 2 August 2015 and 22 March 2016, Eskom CEO Brain Molefe has called Mr Ajay Gupta a total of 44 times and Mr Ajay Gupta has called Mr Molefe a total of 14 times;
• The Eskom board was improperly appointed;
• Zuma and the Executive failed to take action to verify Ms Mentor’s allegations, as well as Mr Maseka’s allegations, as well as regarding the alleged cosy relationship between Brian Molefe and the Guptas;
• President Zuma and other Cabinet members improperly interfered in the relationship between banks and Gupta owned companies;
• President Zuma improperly and in violation of the Executive Ethics Code used his position or information entrusted to him to enrich 14mself and businesses owned by the Gupta family and his son to be given preferential treatment in the award of state contracts, business financing and trading licences;
• The South African people were prejudiced by the conduct of President Zuma, in not following up on Jonas’s allegations;
• Minister Zwane’s trip to Switzerland was irregular;
• Eskom’s awarding of the coal contract to Tegeta was irregular;
• That government advertising was deliberately channelled to the Gupta’s newspaper, the New Age;
• That the President may have been in breach of his legal duties in failing to investigate these matters or put act against them.
state capture report summary : The summary of full report
state capture report : download full report
State capture report :all you need to know plus download report