10 Things You Didn’t Know About Oros Mampofu Who Plays Jama On Skeem Saam
Nkokheli ‘Oros’ Mampofu is an actor that’s fast becoming a household name and who has his sights set high. Oros was born in Mthatha, Eastern Cape. Oros is a South African artist, singer, entrepreneur and professional actor best known for his role as Jama on SABC1 soap opera Skeem Saam.
Here are 10 facts you should know about the talented actor……
1. Oros sealed a deal with Remy Martin to be the brand’s face in Mzansi for a campaign that encourages South Africans to live their lives to the fullest.
2. Oros dabbles in philosophy and quantum mechanics, and is an accomplished martial artist, specialising in MMA and Muay Thai.
3. Oros has a twin brother. His father is Apostle Patrick Mampofu and mother is Mampostoli Nosabata of Twelve Apostles Church in Christ.
4. He graduated a degree in live performance from film, television and performance school, AFDA.
5. He landed a role in a series Kowethu, airing on SABC1; and was later cast as the protagonist in an M-Net film called Rise. He has appeared in a recurring role on the SABC1 soapie Skeem Saam as Jama since season three.
6. He appeared on a Steers (2015) advert.
7. Oros and his twin brother owns a production company called Khela Productions.
8. He has a dream of becoming the most influential man in Africa and a great actor that embraces the true nature performance.
9. Mampofu draws inspiration from his father Patrick, and a motivational speaker named John Kehoe. He said his acting hero is Denzel Washington.
10. He said he enjoys martial arts and boxing because they require a great deal of hand and eye co-ordination, and an understanding of oneself.