Banting receipe : Pumpkin Nut Flapjacks
These flapjacks make for a yummy family breakfast treat. They’re also good for using up leftover cooked pumpkin from the night before. The recipe works wonderfully well in a waffle maker too, so if you have one give it a go.
Preparation time: 10 Mins
Cooking time: 15 Mins
Serves: 4 Portions
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and set aside.
- Except for the coconut oil or butter and cream cheese, place the remaining ingredients and egg yolks into a food processer and mix until they are the consistency of a batter.
- Pour the batter into a bowl.
- Gently fold the egg whites through the batter using a metal spoon.
- Heat a little coconut oil and/or butter in a large pan to medium heat.
- Once the butter starts to sizzle, add spoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the flapjacks.
- Flip the flapjacks over and cook until golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter. (Note: because these flapjacks aren’t made with gluten, they are quite delicate, so take care when flipping.)
- To make the cinnamon butter, simply melt the ingredients together.
- Serve the flapjacks with a few spoonfuls of cream cheese and a drizzle of cinnamon butter.